Repurpose Jewelry: 4 Jewelry Pieces That Can Easily Be Repurposed All Entries
When your old jewelry has lost its luster or you have an overwhelming number of old pieces, it can feel like a burden to decide what to do with them. Thankfully, there are plenty of ways you can use them up and make amazing new creations! In this post I'll be sharing ideas on how to repurpose old jewelry, so you have some inspiration on where to start.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO REPURPOSE JEWELRY?
When you repurpose jewelry, you take old, unwanted, or unused jewelry and give it new life. This can be done in a number of ways, from simply cleaning and repairing jewelry to completely redesigning it into something new.
Repurposing jewelry is a great way to get more use out of pieces you no longer wear, as well as giving old jewelry new life. It can also be a creative way to create unique, one-of-a-kind pieces that are special and have meaning to you.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF REPURPOSING JEWELRY?
There are many benefits of repurposing jewelry. One benefit is that you can save money. Buying new jewelry can be expensive, but repurposing old jewelry is much cheaper.
Another benefit is that you can be creative. You can take a piece of jewelry and turn it into something completely different. This allows you to express your creativity and have fun with fashion.
Repurposing jewelry is also good for the environment. When you recycle or reuse materials, you are helping to reduce pollution and conserve resources.
QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD ASK BEFORE REPURPOSING JEWELRY
When you're considering repurposing jewelry, there are a few questions you should ask yourself before taking the plunge. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. What is the sentimental value of the piece? If it's a family heirloom or has sentimental meaning, you'll want to be extra careful with how you repurpose it.
2. Is the piece structurally sound? If it's delicate or has missing stones, it might not be able to withstand being repurposed.
3. What is the quality of the piece? Higher quality materials will usually result in a longer lasting repurposed piece.
4. What is your end goal? Are you looking to completely change the look of the piece, or just give it a new lease on life?
IDEAS ON HOW TO REPURPOSE: RINGS
If you have old, unused jewelry lying around, don't let it go to waste! There are plenty of ways to repurpose a ring into a new, stylish accessory.
1. Use a ring as a pendant on a necklace or bracelet. This can give an old piece of jewelry a new lease on life, and can also create a unique and eye-catching piece of jewelry.
2. Link several rings together to create a chunky bracelet or necklace. This is a great way to add some personality to your jewelry collection.
3. If you're feeling creative, try twisting or braiding several rings together to create an anklet or ring stack.
IDEAS ON HOW TO REPURPOSE: NECKLACES
We all have that one necklace that we never wear anymore. Whether it’s because it’s out of style, or we just don’t like it anymore, there are plenty of ways to repurpose an unwanted necklace. Here are a few ideas:
1. Wear multiple necklaces at once by layering them or combining them with other chains and lariats.
2. Transfer the pendant to a new chain that is another color or length.
3. Turn a necklace into a bracelet or anklet by simply removing the clasp and attaching a new one.
4. Make a pair of earrings! All you need is a bit of wire and some jewelry pliers. Remove the pendant from the necklace chain and attach it to the wire. Then, add a hook and you’re done!
IDEAS ON HOW TO REPURPOSE: BRACELETS
If you have an old, unwanted, or unused bracelet, there are a few ways you can repurpose it.
1. Use it as an accent piece on a new bracelet. This can add a touch of personalization and style to your new bracelet.
2. Convert it into a pair of earrings. This is a simple process and can add some extra pizzazz to your look.
3. Use it as part of a necklace design. This is a great way to add some personality and style to your necklace.
IDEAS ON HOW TO REPURPOSE: EARRINGS
If you have a few old pairs of earrings lying around, put them to good use with these creative ideas.
1. Make a statement necklace. String a few pairs of earrings together to create a one-of-a-kind necklace. Mix and match different styles, colors, and materials for an eclectic look.
2. Craft some cute cuff bracelets. Turn your old earrings into cuff bracelets by attaching them to strips of leather or fabric. This is a great way to upcycle those mismatched pairs of earrings, too.
3. Add some bling to your keychain. Attach an earring (or two) to your keychain for a glamorous way to keep track of your keys. If the earring has a long post, you may need to snip it down before attaching it to the keychain loop.
SHOP RINGS, NECKLACES, BRACELETS AND MORE
When it comes time to switch up your style, don't forget about old jewelry that you never wear anymore. You can repurpose some of those pieces into new and stylish looks with the ideas in this article. With a little creativity, you can repurpose old designer jewelry into something new and impressive.